Saturday, October 28, 2006

The obligatory first post

Greetings all. Being the first post of the blog, I figured I should explain the reasoning behind why I decided to start writing it and the madness behind it.

For many years now, my wife and I have shared a common passion for wine and have had a great many wonderful experiences traveling all over and tasting the local product of many a winery. We have shared the luxurious silkiness of some great bottles, and have had chills run down our backs from some not-so-great ones. I've found that, while I appreciate all of the 'Experts' opinions, wine is, by its very nature, personal experience. While my wife and I share a lot of common tendencies, yet we definitely taste different things in each bottle.

The object of this blog is to document some of our tastings and share it with anyone who cares to read. I'm not an expert by any means - just an average person who enjoys a nice bottle of wine. Lately however, I've been on a hunt for top quality wines under $20. Why? Well, anyone can drop $130 on a bottle of Caymus Special Selection and know they will get a great an extraordinary wine. I'm looking for wines that I can truly enjoy everyday and not sacrifice my children's college fund.


Hopefully, others will find some everyday wines to enjoy and even suggest their own favorites. We're always looking out for solid, inexpensive wines that can be readily found by anyone.

All the best
JM

No comments: