Monday, October 30, 2006

Beaulieu Vineyard Napa Cabernet 2003

BV Cabernet wine

The other night, I opened a bottle of the Beaulieu Vineyard Napa Cabernet 2003 (Retail $17, Paid $14.42) and I have to say - What a nice treat! Full bodied, yet slightly fruit forward, this Napa Cab was beautiful right out of the bottle. The aroma just lifted out of the glass - so much so that you could smell it from just sitting there. Based on the smell, I expected a very jammy wine, but yet it was solid and full-bodied. It was so good that my wife even questioned how much I spent on it - and didn't believe me until I produced the receipt. We both enjoyed the wine so much we finished the entire bottle - which is rare these days. Needless to say, I'm going to buy a case and plan on stocking more in the cellar.
Rating - GrapesGrapesGrapesGrapesGrapes

No comments: